In our quest for search of best street food in Jaipur we reached to an unknown place. Although the shop is over three decades old but even most Jaipur people are unaware of it. We are talking about Balaji Chat Bhandar at Bhawani Singh Road in Jaipur.
Why one should visit Balaji Chat Bhandar in Jaipur?
The road side Cart shop offers mouth watering breakfast in Jaipur. These are Samosa, Kachori and Mirch Bada. And these are served dipped in Chhole ki Sabzi (chickpea curry), dhaniya (coriander) chutney & imli (tamarind) Chutney. The dish is served hot with seasoning of sliced onions or radish (in winters) which adds to the taste of the dish.
- Samosa – Triangular in shape it is a fried dish filled with mashed potatoes and spices.
- Kachori – It is filled with mashed pulses and spices. Jaipur’s kachori is famous for its crispy taste.
- Pyaaz ki Kachori – The Kachori is filled with onions based seasoning. The spices make it just tastier.
- Mirch Bada – Green Chilly dipped in gram flour paste and fried. It is spicy and filled with mashed potatoes seasoning.
- Bread Pakoda – The fritters made of bread dipped in gram pulse and spicy potato filling.
- Chhole ki Sabzi – Indian curry made of chickpeas and other Indian spices.
- Dhaniya Chutney – Paste of coriander leaves added with spices for the tangy flavor.
- Imli Chutney – Paste of Tamarind for the sweet and sour taste.
Also read: 5 Star Hotels in Jaipur
You can opt from any of the above with Chhole ki Sabzi. Chhole ki sabzi is the unique selling proposition of Balaji Chat Bhandar. You can start your day with this energizing breakfast in Jaipur. Or you can drop by anytime of the day for a treat to your taste buds.
Also read: iPhone Service Center in Jaipur
Where is Balaji Chat Bhandar in Jaipur?
It is opposite to Santokba Durlabh Memorial Hospital and Subodh Public School in Jaipur on the corner of the street.
Must read: Places to Visit in Jaipur
What is the story behind Balaji Chat Bhandar?
Late Shree Kurdaram Saini ji opened the cart shop 35 years ago. He hailed from a small town Jhunjhunu of Rajasthan. Now the younger generations of Kurdaram ji are running the street food place in Jaipur. They credit the love of foodies to their Chhole ki Sabzi. Some customers claim that they serve the best Kachori in Jaipur. Chhole ki Sabzi and Kachori are rarely available in combination in Jaipur.
Must read: Hotel Jaipur Havel B&B
Timings of Balaji Chat Bhandar in Jaipur
The shop opens at 10 AM in morning and closes by 7 PM in evening.
We recommend you to combine your visit to Balaji Chat Bhandar with Birla Temple which is hardly 500 meters away.
Other places of interest around Balaji Chat Bhandar in Jaipur
The shop is located on a busy road of Jaipur. However, it is a little away from usual tourist circuit. But, it doesn’t take much of your time as it is easily accessible and near to Birla Temple which is a major tourist attraction in Jaipur. Here is a list of other places of interest with their respective distances from Balaji Chat Bhandar in Jaipur –
- Albert Hall (2.7 kms)
- World Trade Park (5.2 kms)
- Museum of Legacies (5 kms)
- Hawamahal (4.6 kms)
- Jalmahal (9.6 kms)
How to reach Balaji Chat Bhandar in Jaipur?
The street Food Shop in Jaipur could be reach by bus, car, taxi or cab. Or you can rent a bike in Jaipur to reach this place. Here is a list of nearest Bus Stand, Railway Station and Airport with their respective distances from Balaji Chat Bhandar –
- Sindhi Camp Bus Stand (6 kms)
- Jaipur Railway Station (6 kms)
- Jaipur International Airport (9.9 kms)
- Gandhi Nagar Railway Station (3.7 kms)
That is all you need to know about one of the best street food in Jaipur city. If you like our efforts to bring you the best food places of Jaipur then please share your views in comments section. And don’t forget to like us on Facebook.