Is one day enough for Jaipur? How to plan one day trip to Jaipur? What are the best places to visit in a one day tour of Jaipur?
These are obvious questions that come to the mind of a tourist, both foreigner or domestic while planning a trip to India’s Pink City.
One Day Jaipur Trip
We have got you covered as I’ll be sharing a bunch of one day Jaipur itinerary along with lots of tips which will help do this trip comfortably.
How to Plan One Day Trip to Jaipur?
To keep this one day short Jaipur trip comfortable, I’ll suggest doing a homework before making a move. The city has a lot of historical places along with modern ones. One can experience both art and culture while noticing the modern changes.
Once you make up the mind about what exactly to see, this planning becomes much better. Keeping this in mind, I’ll divide the one day Jaipur itinerary details in the following,
- Art and Culture
- Modern – Smart City
Makes sense? Let’s see what all options we have as per the interests.
#1 Historical Places to Visit in Jaipur in One Day
Itinerary 2 – You can visit Jal Mahal in the morning, followed by Amer Fort trip. In the day hour, you can visit the City Palace followed by Hawa Mahal. In the evening hours, you can walk the walled city and enjoy local sightseeing and cuisines.
Itinerary 3 – Start your day by witnessing sunrise from Nahargarh Fort, followed by going through the history which Amer Fort holds. Take a lunch break in the noon hours inside the walled city. Then you can visit Hawa Mahal along with City Palace.
#2 Art and Cultural Places
If your prime focus is to explore the art and cultural places of Jaipur, then following itinerary is a must to repeat.
- Start your day by visiting Hawa Mahal followed by Jantar Mantar and City Palace. There are many artistic shops and artisans inside the walled city streets. You can go for a long walk and interact with them.
- In the evening hour, you can visit the Birla Auditorium to attend any on-going cultural or art event. To wrap up the day, plan a dinner trip to Jawahar Kala Kendra (JKK). Visiting JKK should be your priority as it possesses a lot of art and culture elements.
I recommend reading our detailed post on Jaipur city to know its history, culture and other elements of your interest.
#3 Modern Places to Visit in Jaipur in 1 Day
The city has a few water parks where you can start your day. As most of those are located in the outskirts area, you’ll have limited time left. So, the day ends by visiting the Malviya Nagar, going to World Trade Park and GT Mall to explore shopping and street food options.
- For a foreign tourist, visiting Hawa Mahal and Amer Fort is a must as these two places are the one for which Pink City is known for.
- Make sure you don’t buy any artistic product without properly verifying its authenticity.
- If you’re visiting Jaipur during Summer, I’ll advise taking a break during the peak noon hours as the city gets really hot.
- Be wise and take care of yourself as the city attracts thousands of tourists every day. You can read our detailed coverage on city specific safety tips.
Q – Is one day enough for Jaipur?
A – Not at all! But we all have time constraints and plan accordingly.
Q – What are the best places to visit in a one day tour of Jaipur?
A – One must visit the iconic places for which the city is known for. Hawamahal, Jalmahal and Amer Forts are the three best places to visit in a one day Jaipur tour. To see the modern side of the city, you can go to World Trade Park located near the city’s airport.
Q – If I have only one day in Jaipur, what should I do?
A – One can visit a couple of historical attractions and go for an evening walk inside the walled city.
Recommended visiting time for several sights in Jaipur
As you would have guessed by going through this post so far, it’s recommended to have at least, three-four days to properly visit several sights while not putting a lot of stress on your muscles.
Also check – Most Recommended 5 Star Hotels in Jaipur
Did you take the notes from this post? If not, please do as it will help you do a better trip in such a short period. Or bookmark this webpage for future reference.
Do check out our full list of places to visit in Jaipur if you wish to have a custom itinerary of your own.
Still got a question? Pen it down in the comment section below.