Smriti Van of Jaipur is a biodiversity forest making it the best place to get close to the nature’s souvenir.
This Biodiversity forest was formed during 1981 flood that caused deep ravines. The area was flourished to sow trees in the memory of dear ones. Later, the Rajasthan Government took possession and developed this segment under Green Rajasthan Campaign, naming it Smriti Van.
Smriti Van Jaipur
Foundation of Smriti Van was laid by Rajasthan’s Honorable Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on 8th October 2005. After two years of augmentation, it was opened for public on 8th December 2007.
During morning hours this place is divine to take a walk around. Tracks are developed around the hummocks so that tourist can roam and explore every bit of it. If you love calm, cozy and serene places this place is worth visiting.
Quick Smriti Van Facts
- Address: Gandhi Nagar, Near RTO Circle, JLN Marg, Jaipur, 302004, Rajasthan, India
- Timings: All day, 6 AM to 5 PM
- Entry Fee: Free
- Recommended Duration: 2 to 3 hours
- Photography/ Videography: Allowed
- Food Allowed: No
- Popular for: Photography and Nature stay
Must check: Hawamahal Jaipur
Segments of Smriti Van
Smriti Van is divided into 11 different parts. They are:
- Vasundhara Van: Vasundhara Van is the center of attraction. It consists of a variety of plantation including Mogra, Champa, Almonda, Coral trees and many more.
- Champa Van: Champa means flowers. This gallery consists of 108 types of flowers which are fragrant and vibrant.
- Aravali Van: Aravali Van ranges special kind of plants that have medicinal and Ayurvedic importance like Hawan, Rohida, Khejdi, Dhak, Dhavada, Gugal, Saalar, etc.
- Dhanvantari Van: This is the largest section of Smriti Van that includes 250 types of herbal medicinal trees and plants.
- Java Kusum Van: This segment is special because plants from all over the country are brought to decorate this area. This area is eye candy for the tourist.
- Maru Van: By term “Maru” it is specified that this area consists of plants that are found in the deserted area. 64 types of Xerophytes plants like Cactus, Agave, Euphorbia, etc., are found here.
- Rashtriya Van: This section has mix plantations like Almonda, Bougainvillea, Sada Bahar and similar types of flower beds.
- Nursery: This is an advanced nursery which is constructed to keep a check on the quality and care of plants.
- Sarovar: A five feet reservoir is made for storing water. To exemplify the pond Lotus, Ducks and fishes can be seen. During winters immigrant birds visit this place.
- Museum: Photographs and information about birds and flowers are found in this area to further guide visitors.
- Vrindavan Van: This area consists of a proper drainage system line and stabilization to water plants.
Nearby Tourist Attractions
- Jaldhara Waterfall
- Jawahar Circle Garden
- WTP Jaipur
- GT Mall Jaipur
- Jawahar Kala Kendra
Hotels near Smriti Van
Located at JLN Marg this area is known to have a peaceful stay. If you want to experience the green side of the pink city you can search for accommodation nearby. Few of the best options are,
- Red Fox Hotel
- Hotel Park Hansa
- MNIT Guest House
- Hotel Krishna By Rivaa
- Citrus Hotel
Boutique and Luxury Hotel
- Hotel Jaipur Palace
- Hotel Sarovar Premiere
Must check: 5 Star Hotels in Jaipur
Restaurants near Smriti Van Jaipur
- Indian Coffee House (JKK)
- Maharana Pratap Hostel Mess
- Shiv Shakti Chaat Bhandar
- Airr Toast
- Doorbean Restaurant
Must check: Best Romantic Restaurant in Jaipur
How to Reach Smriti Van Jaipur?
Via Bus: Many local buses are available to reach here. It is about 6 KMs far from Sindhi Camp i.e., Jaipur Bus Stand.
Via Train: Jaipur Railway Station is 8 KMs away.
Via Flight: Jaipur International Airport is just 5 KMs from Smriti Van.
As Jaipur Rajasthan is a well-connected city you can either take a local bus or a cab as per your convenience.
This forested biodiversity is highly recommended to Jaipurites as well as tourist to experience nature and its vibes. It is usually a perception that Jaipur is a deserted city but once you visit this lush green area you will definitely change your mind. I bet that!