The best time to visit Jaipur depends on the climate. The capital city of Rajasthan is situated at the junction of hot Thar desert and semi-arid plains of India.
If we move west from the city, climate changes to the desert type and we move east the climate changes to the plains type.
Must read: Best Places to Visit Jaipur
During the monsoon season (from mid-June till September), Jaipur receives moderate rainfall.
Must check: Digital Marketing Course in Jaipur
According to the official stats published by the Indian Meteorological Department, following are few Jaipur weather facts.
- The maximum temperatures hover at 40 °C to 47 °C in May. Heatwave prevails for a few days in the season, when day temperature rises to 4 to 6 °C above normal.
- The winter minimum temperatures remain about 4 to 9 °C and fall below zero deg.
- Mist and fog occur in the morning hours after the passage of western disturbances.
- The minimum temperature as low as -2.2 °C was recorded on 16th January, 1964 and 31st January, 1905.
- The Maximum temperature’s upward surge starts in April and reaches a peak in the month of May.
- The downward trend in minimum temperatures commences in September and continues up to January. January is the coldest month.
- Rainfall increases from the month of June when thundery activities start and July and August are the rainiest months.
- Monsoon withdraws in the middle of September. Rainfall decreases sharply in October and November.
Must read: Amer Fort Jaipur
What is the Best Time to Visit Jaipur?
In October, the temperature starts to fall. Winters are usually pleasant with average temperature ranging from 10 to 15°C. On extreme days it may fall down to 4°C. So, Winter season is the Tourism Season which stays up until March or the Holi Festival.
Must check: Website Developer in Jaipur
Summer temperatures are relatively higher in the months of April, May and June. Mercury may rise up to 45°C and the average temperature is 30-35°C, making it very tough for the tourists to walk in the Jaipur city.
So, the best time to visit Jaipur, is during Winters i.e., from October to March.